FOR VENDING APPLICATIONS CONACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vending for Soundset 2014 is closed. Check back with us next year, and thanks!
Food & Beverage Vending
FOOD & BEVERAGE VENDING APPLICATIONS FOR 2014 ARE CLOSED!
1. Yes, there is beer at Soundset, do you know how many people come from Wisconsin? You need to be 21+ and you will need to show your I.D. each time you kick back with some suds. If you’re from Canada or Europe, you still need to be 21+. Don’t ask why; it’s some weird USA thing. Beer is available in BOTH general admission and VIP areas. Please drink responsibly. Drunk drivers are not Hip Hop, please be safe people!
2. Yes, there will be a location on site that will provide FREE tap water for you to stay hydrated throughout the day. For the record, we did also have free water last year too!
3. So you’re a master chef with the greatest veggie tacos in the world and want to be a food vendor at Soundset. Well, we all love tacos, so please send all food vendor inquiries to: email@example.com. SUBJECT: FOOD AND BEVERAGE.
4. It’s true, Soundset will have vegetarian/vegan options available for our healthy and animal friendly people.
Please note that tailgating is prohibited in all Canterbury parking areas.
Take 35W south to Highway 13 south. Highway 13 turns into 101 south. Take 101 South to County Road 83. Take a Left on County Road 83, Canterbury Park will be on your Right hand side.
FROM SAINT PAUL:
Take 35E south to 494 west. Follow 494 to the Hwy. 169 south exit. Take a left and follow 169 south to Canterbury Road (County Road 83). Take a right and find the Park on your left-hand side.
FROM THE SOUTH:
Take 35W north to Hwy. 13 south. Follow Hwy. 13 to Hwy. 169 south. Exit on Canterbury Road. Take a right and the Park is on your left-hand side.
Take Hwy. 169 north to Canterbury Road (County Road 83) exit. Take a right and the Park is on your left-hand side.
FROM THE WEST METRO:
Take Hwy 169 South. Exit on Canterbury Road. Take a right and the Park is on your left-hand side.
FROM THE AIRPORT:
Take 494 West to 169 South. Exit on Canterbury Road. Take a right and the Park is on your left-hand side.
NOTE: Hwy 169 south is closed at Hwy 62 (Crosstown)
1. Where is Canterbury Park? Well, if you’re standing in front of Fifth Element in Minneapolis, it’s 23 miles and less than 30 minutes drive. You can take 169 S to Canterbury Road, or alternately, 101 W to 83. Click HERE to head to Google Maps and map out your own route to Soundset!
2. Parking. When you get a ticket to Soundset, you get a parking spot. That’s right party people, NO extra parking fees. So, get your carpool on and help save the planet!
3. My Mom, Dad or Uncle Rust Cohle will be dropping me off at Soundset, is there a drop off point? Yes, there will be signs upon entering Canterbury. For parent drop off/pick up: Take Hwy 101 to Shenandoah, Go SOUTH and follow signs to the gravel lot that says SHUTTLE & DROP OFF/PICK UP AREA.
We are officially ALL SOLD OUT of #Soundset tickets for this year’s show! We’d like to thank each and every one of you who helped make this happen! Sunday, we party!
1. This year we are encouraging YOU to please print out your tickets from TicketWeb, choose the FREE mailing option or purchase at Fifth Element. Every year many, many people decide will call is the way to go and every year we have longer and longer lines. PLEASE don’t wait in line, get your ticket in advance and walk right into Soundset without waiting.
2. Please print out your confirmation and bring it with you to Soundset. If you purchased General Admission tickets, you will find your tickets at the Will Call tent before you enter into Soundset. The tent will have clear signage that says WILL CALL, and that’s where you go. If you purchased VIP tickets, your Will Call tent can be found in the VIP parking lot. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE WILL CALL TICKETS FROM SCALPERS, AS THEY WILL NOT MATCH YOUR NAME ON YOUR I.D.
3. Questions for TicketWeb? Give them a call at 1-866-777-8932.
4. For those people 18+, we are offering a special Soundset 2014 VIP experience! The VIP ticket includes the following amenities: Limited Edition Soundset bag, Soundset festival shirt, exclusive VIP parking, separate VIP entrance to the festival grounds, access to a special exclusive VIP area near the main stages, VIP exclusive bleacher style seating viewing the main stages, shaded tent chill area, meet and greets with artists, separate VIP restrooms, VIP full bar with adult beverages, the only location on site that will serve hard liquor to those 21+ (you can still get beer in GA area), a special limited edition festival laminate / ticket and more! VIP tickets are $125 each (plus applicable fees) and are subject to limited availability. Your I.D WILL BE CHECKED upon entrance to VIP area. NOTE: No-one under 18 is allowed in the VIP area, even accompanied by an adult. Your VIP laminate does not get you backstage no matter how hard you try (we don’t care if you can spit hot bars). VIP Tickets for Soundset 2014 are sold out.
5. VIP Parking Info: Your parking pass is your ticket. If you do not have an actual ticket, you MUST bring a printout of your ticket order from TicketWeb. This document must say VIP with your confirmation number. Show the document to the friendly parking attendant and you are now in VIP parking!
6. VIP Check In: You will notice your VIP tickets says it MUST BE redeemed and that ticket is NOT good for entry. DON’T WORRY, we’re giving you a much cooler Soundset ticket when you check in at VIP prior to entering Soundset. The check in is where you’ll get all your VIP amenities, so you can decide to bring it with you or leave in your car. The choice is yours!
7. If you have a friend or family member that is disabled, we DO have accessible seating tickets available at both TicketWeb and at Fifth Element (in-store). These tickets will allow 1 person (with a ticket) to accompany the person, and there will be an accessible area designated near the main stage area. Specific questions in regards to accessible seating tickets, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ACCESSIBLE TICKETS.
9. Of course, Soundset 2014 is all-ages; we are for the kids! And for those youngsters under the age of 10, you get to experience the music for FREE. You must be accompanied by ticket paying adult. 2 kids per one adult. Strollers are allowed for infants and toddlers only, no adults in strollers please.
10. If you’re on Hip Hop time and did not get your tickets before the big day, we understand. We will have some tickets available at the on site box office, pending advance ticket sales. On site box office opens at 10:00am day of show. DO NOT SUPPORT SCALPERS OR PEOPLE SELLING FAKE TICKETS ON CRAIGSLIST.
11. When you get a General Admission ticket to Soundset, you get a parking spot. That’s right party people, NO extra parking fees. So, get your carpool on and help save the planet!
VIP Tickets for Soundset 2014 are SOLD OUT!
MUST BE 18+ FOR VIP.
Your VIP ticket Includes:
- Limited edition Soundset bag
- Soundset festival shirt
- Exclusive VIP parking
- Separate VIP entrance to the festival grounds
- Access to a special exclusive VIP area near the main stages
- Exclusive bleacher style seating viewing the main stages
- Shaded tent chill area
- Meet and greets with artists
- Separate VIP restroom
- VIP bar with adult beverages, the only location on site that will serve liquor
- A special limited edition festival ticket / laminate and more
*Please Note: Your ID WILL be checked, you must be 18+ to enter VIP, even if accompanied by an adult.
*VIP Parking Info: Your parking pass is your ticket. If you do not have an actual ticket, you MUST bring a printout of your ticket order from TicketWeb or your ticket from Fifth Element. This document must say VIP with your confirmation number. Show the document to the friendly parking attendant and you are now in VIP parking!
*VIP Check-In: You will notice your VIP tickets says it MUST BE redeemed and that ticket is NOT good for entry. DON’T WORRY, we’re giving you a much cooler Soundset ticket when you check in at VIP prior to entering Soundset.
Once you get parked in the VIP lot, please go to the SE corner of the parking and find the VIP check in tent. You’ll know it because it will say VIP check in and there will be friendly Rhymesayers people there to meet you starting at 10:00AM. Enter into appropriate line, whether you have VIP tickets or your tickets are at Will Call. Have your I.D ready. Everyone going into VIP MUST be 18+, no exceptions. If you purchased multiple tickets, please have your entire party with you upon check in. We will then check your I.D and give you your VIP wristband, and your Soundset Bag…
Next we will fulfill your Soundset bag, ticket / laminate and festival shirt. Soundset will be in contact with you to determine shirt sizes. We will have the following sizes: Woman's Medium, Extra-Small, Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL, XXXL. Do not expect to get your shirt after the show, this must be done upon check in only.
Once you have all your fresh VIP items, you are welcome to put them all in your car. Please make sure to check inside your bag, as the Soundset program is inside and you will need it. Then walk East toward the main entrance, make a left and get in the line closest to the fence, that is the VIP entrance. In a few short minutes, you will be inside Soundset.
DIRECTIONS TO VIP LOT:
STARTING AT: US 169 SOUTH
EXIT TOWARD MN-13 / SAVAGE / HENNEPIN COUNTY 101 / SHAKOPEE
MERGE ONTO MN 101-NORTH
TURN LEFT AT SHENANDOAH DRIVE (follow VIP parking signs to VIP parking)
STARTING AT: US 169 NORTH JOHNSON MEMORIAL DRIVE
EXIT AT MARSHALL ROAD
TURN RIGHT (East) ONTO MN 101 SOUTH
TURN RIGHT AT SHENANDOAH DRIVE (follow VIP parking signs to VIP parking)
CREDENTIALS: Your wristband is your credential. Do not lose it. Do not take it off at any time. Do not tug, pull or chew on it. There are no replacements if lost, so wear it like it’s your expensive watch that your favorite person in the world bought you. The VIP laminate does not get you anywhere, you must have the wristband at all times.
GUEST LIST: If somebody told you you’re on the guest list and to check in at VIP, they lied to you. We’re sorry and hope their nose grows, but this is not the correct location if you are on the guest list. Let’s face it. You’re already getting in free, so you don’t get all the cool free stuff. Your check in is on Shenandoah Drive at the tent that says GUEST LIST. You’re still our guest, so we’ll take care of you, no worries.
I AM NOT 18+: If you purchased your ticket and just now realized you can not get in because you’re under 18, contact the appropriate location you purchased your tickets from.
Ticket Web: 866-777-8932 or Ticket Web Help | Fifth Element: 612-377-0044
1. What time does everything kick off? Gates open at 11:00AM, we are going to set it off with DJs right away on ALL stages. We have like 40 artists performing within eight and half hours, so, shortly after gates open the mics will open too, and it will be go time. Get there early and you will not miss anything. Soundset ends at 8:30PM as the sun sets over the Shakopee water tower.
2. The set times for Soundset will not be announced until day of show. If you are emailing us asking when your favorite artist is playing, we will NOT have that answer for you until day of show. There are a lot of amazing artists playing, broaden your horizons, get there early and see as many artists for the low cost of your ticket. You want to be the first to know, well we highly suggest you follow us on Twitter. Everyone loves surprises, who knows, Atmosphere may go on first? Who knows, we may change our mind. Stay tuned to @Soundset and @Rhymesayers on Twitter all day long! For Soundset 2014, we've decided to release the set times early! Download our new app to check them out and start planning your day early! You will also be able to find the set times posted on-site at the Connect Tent.
3. There are NO in and outs. Show goes on rain or shine. Line up and set times are subject to change.
4. What you can bring: backpacks (medium 20″ tall, 15″ wide and 9″ thick), small beach towel, hats, (1) 20 oz. plastic bottle of water (must be SEALED or EMPTY), sun block, lighters, cigarettes, sunglasses, cell phones, beepers, kids, Mom, Dad, digital cameras (non-pro), disposable cameras, hacky sacks, fanny packs, film cameras (non pro) and pictures of DJ Fundo.
5. What can you NOT bring: weapons (knives, guns, chains- anything that can be used as a weapons to hurt someone), glass, band instruments of any kind, drugs or drug paraphernalia, for sale items (unless you are a contracted vendor), markers, spray paint, hula hoops, outside food, outside beverages, squirt guns, audio recording devices, video recording devices, umbrellas, blankets, stuffed animals, pets (unless licensed service animals), kites, flags, golf carts (unless you’re Ant), chairs and Tool CDs (unless you’re Randy Hawkins).
6. Yes it’s true, this year Soundset is back on the GRASS. The field will be hippie and rap cypher friendly and more comforting for your feet and butt when you sit down. Oh wait, when will you have time to sit down? This is a Hip Hop show!
7. Want to know where everything is? The site map will be up soon, check back party people!
8. YES, first aid and medics will be on site. As we get closer to the event, we will offer a site map you can download online that will tell where these amazing people can be found. Soundset offers safety first!
9. All people with medical prescriptions, please identify yourselves to security at gate check in. ALL medical prescriptions and accompanying names on those containers MUST match the person’s proper I.D.
10. If you have a friend or family member that is disabled, we DO have accessible seating tickets available at both TicketWeb.com and at Fifth Element (in-store). These tickets will allow 1 person (with a ticket) to accompany the person, and there will be an accessible area designated near the main stage area. Specific questions in regards to accessible seating tickets, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line: ACCESSIBLE TICKETS.
11. Of course, Soundset 2014 is ALL AGES - we are for the kids! And, for those youngsters under the age of 10 you get to experience the music for FREE, but must be accompanied by a ticket paying adult. 2 kids per one adult. Strollers are allowed for infants and toddlers only, no adults in strollers please.
12. YES, there will be ATM machines available on site. CASH rules everything around me.
13. Can I bring my camera? Yes, “point and shoot” photo cameras are allowed, but NO VIDEO cameras and ALL professional cameras will need a photo pass. What is a professional camera? Any camera with removable lenses. To get a photo pass you MUST be affiliated with a credible print or online publication (your Flickr page does not necessarily qualify you) and submit your credentials. List all your contact information, including the publication you’re there to shoot for, and please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PHOTO PASS.
14. If you submitted your band, favorite local artist or amazing new rap group from Lake Elmo, MN, the final line-up has been 100% confirmed. So, if you have not been contacted by us yet, your submission did not make the final cut. Yes, this does mean we do not even have time for your 1, 5, 10 or 15 minute set. Thank you for reaching out, hustling your groups and sending us a massive amount of great music and some really bad ones too. The decisions were not easy, but have been fully made.
15. If you have a custom car, truck or low rider golf cart that you would like to have be part of the Fifth annual Soundset Custom Car Show, please send all your questions and inquiries to email@example.com. This guy named Phil will get back to you, he has a pony tail (sometimes) and is highly qualified for this position.
16. How do I enter the B-Boy / B-Girl Battle at Soundset? Stay tuned for some more information on this one!
17. Familia Skate Shop Soundset Showdown – Information coming soon. familiaskateshop.com
18. So you have the freshest skateboard shop in the Twin Cities or any other product, service or organization, and you want to vend at Soundset- we can make this happen. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: VENDING and we will have our super VENDOR specialist reach out to you with all the details. No taxidermy or hunting vendors please. J-Bird is for the animals.
19. Hey man, I have a great product. Yo, I have a great new service that people need to know about. Really man, how can I be a sponsor on Soundset to help keep these ticket prices low? Send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line: SPONSOR.
20. There will be artist meet and greets on site at Soundset. Look for times to be posted in VIP and at our festival merchandise area. If you want to be up on the latest and greatest, follow us on Twitter (@Soundset) and you will be in the know… yo.
21. Hell yes there will be official Soundset merchandise! Look for the BIG tent that says “SOUNDSET MERCHANDISE”. Go there and look for our merch Jedis. We will also have this listed on our official site map that will be available week of the show. Yes, your cash and credit is good with us.
21. Soundset understands it can be hot. We know there are some pale friends out there that the sun just doesn’t like. Shaded areas will be provided. There are also cool tents you can go into, such as the DJ BBoy / BGirl tent where battles, a production showcase and DJs will be playing records some of your parents may not like ALL DAY LONG! There is also FREE tap water - check the info in your pamphlet when you get there.
22: If you still have a question, concern or just want to voice your opinion, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org